LittleNotes: Day 1
I've decided to try and build a web app. To do this, I've chosen a combination of python (because I already know it) and cherryPy (as it seems the simplest framework available).
This is mostly new as the things I don't know far outweigh the things I do know:
- I don't really know what a framework is for. But, some how I think I need one. I may be completely wrong on this.
- There's something called templating. My IDE (PyCharm) seems to support this. No idea what it's for. Perhaps it'll be important.
- How do I integrate python with a back-end database like MySQL?
- How do I make it all secure once I've done it? I don't want people to read my LittleNotes once they're there.
- Once the app is ready, how do I roll it out? Webfaction allows me to install CherryPy. I've no idea how I load by development site to their servers once it's written though.
I think this blog is going to start out as my place to write things down as I learn them...yes, that's what it'll be - a place I can dump stuff I learn in public.